European, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems (EMCIS) is an annual research event addressing the IS discipline with regional as well as global perspective. EMCIS has successfully helped bringing together researchers from around the world in a friendly atmosphere conducted to free exchange of innovative ideas. EMCIS was founded in 2004 by Brunel University research Group ISEing and it is an annual event. This year is organised by University of Coimbra and University of Lisbon. A number of respected collaborations were made with different local universities across the destinations chosen each year and EMCIS still proves to attract many further partnerships.
EMCIS is one of the premier conferences in Europe and Middle Eastern region for Information Systems academics and professionals, covering technical, organisational, business and social issues in the application of Information Technology. EMCIS is dedicated to the definition and establishment of Information Systems as a discipline of high impact for the methodical community and IS professionals – focusing on approaches that facilitate the identification of innovative research of significant relevance to the IS discipline following sound research methodologies that lead to results of measureable impact.
Unique characteristic of the EMCIS conference includes:
- Conference proceedings will be published in a Springer Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing volume .
- Conference proceedings are indexed by ISI Proceedings, DBLP, EI and Scopus.
- Substantially extended versions of the 10% at most of EMCIS papers may be selected for publication in academic journals.
- Distinctive Keynote addresses by distinguished international scholars from different disciplines, highlighting or discussing particularand generic global topics.
- An international event that continues to attract attendees, academics, practitioners and junior researchers including PhD students from all over the world, enjoying the friendly atmosphere conducive to free exchange of innovative ideas.